UPDATE: We only have 3 spaces left on this expedition! Do book soon or you may miss out...
Welcome to Adventure Plus's online DofE payment page for our Open Gold Canoeing expedition happening in April 2024.
We are aware that this year the Easter Holidays vary more than usual around the country. If you would be interested in taking part but your holidays start w/c 25/3 then do let us know. If we get enough respondents we may be able to put on another expedition on the dates: March 25th-29th and April 1st-5th.
Adventure Plus are an Outdoor Education Youth Charity based in Clanfield, Oxfordshire. We have over 30 years experience of working with young people in the great outdoors! Do see our website for more information about us.
This page will enable you to pay for yourself or your child to do the expeditionary phase of the DofE award, as well as enabling us to collect some essential medical information and parental consents.
To confirm your place on the expedition you can either pay a deposit or choose to pay the full amount up front. If you do choose to pay a deposit, you will be contacted at a later date about making the balance payment.
There are 7 spaces available on this expedition. Bookings close on the 1st of February 2024 or when each space is taken; full payment is also needed by this date.
Please do make sure that you have read through the terms and conditions before making any payment. They can be found here.
Participants do not need to have canoed before - full training is included.
Basic details of expedition:
- April 1st 2024 - Canoe Training Day at our Oxfordshire base
- April 2nd - 5th - Practice Expedition on River Thames
- April 5th (afternoon) - Plan qualifying expedition on River Wye
- April 5th (late afternoon) - Participants return home
- April 8th - Participants meet our team at the River Wye
- April 9th-12th - Qualifying Expedition
- April 12th (late afternoon) - Participants make their own way home
- Appropriately qualified, DBS checked instructors
- All campsite fees
- Canoe and buoyancy aid hire
- Assessor for the qualifying expedition
- Access to group kit such as tents, trangias and fuel
Participants need to provide:
- Transport to and from our base for the practice expedition
- Transport to and from the Wye River for the assessed expedition
- Personal kit such as clothing, drybags and waterproofs
- Food for both expeditions
Please do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions!